Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Every brow technique is done in two sessions. The first session takes two to three hours and involves shaping and pigment application. Four to eight weeks later, the client returns for the second session (perfection touchup) which takes one to two hours.
Aquarelle Lips take 2-2.5 hours and Eyeliner takes around 3 hours. Scalp Micropigmentation is done in at least 3 sessions and each sessions can take anywhere from 2-4 hours.
It takes two weeks for all PMU services to completely heal. In that time any redness will fade and for brows, the initial darkness will begin to lighten. The color will lighten over about thirty days as it completely sets in.
Touch ups are necessary because everyone heals differently. Depending on various factors such as age and skin type*, color adjustment may be necessary. Pigment may need to be added in areas where color faded. Any and all adjustments to color, thickness, and shape are made in the follow up appointment to ensure the clients satisfaction.
*Oily skin types will need to be touched up sooner.
Final results from initial treatment need time to stabilize. Doing the touchup before the four week mark interferes with the healing process and does not allow us to work on a definite canvas.
Pain tolerance plays a major role. Some clients say the discomfort is similar to tweezing several hairs at a time while others feel little to no discomfort.
Topical anesthetic is used.
Expect the area to be red and swollen following the procedure. It may take up to three days for the redness and swelling to subside.
All techniques are semi permanent meaning they will eventually need a touchup.
- Microblading: Only recommended for normal and dry skin types --> lasts 12-18 months*. On oily skin it will last 6-9 months.
- Ombre Powder: Great for all skin types. Lasts up to 3 years*
- Microshading: Lasts 2-3 years*, depending on ratio of microblading to shading. Microblading will need to be touched up sooner
-Scalp Micropigmentation: Lasts 4-7 years
- Lips and Eyeliner: Last up to 5 years.
*Annual touchups are recommended for color boost
Avoid alcohol, coffee, aspirin, ibuprofen, aleve, and vitamins for 72 hours prior to the procedure. These thin the blood causing excessive bleeding during treatment. Too much bleeding during procedure can affect the longevity of your results and it does not allow for pigment to settle into the skin.
Starting 2 weeks before treatment avoid the following:
1. Products with Retin-A/retinol - commonly found in anti aging and acne creams/medications. These ingredients cause pre mature fading and color change.
2. Facials/Chemical Peels
3. Botox/Lip Fillers
4. Tanning (skin cannot be compromised for procedure)
Immediately after procedure, your practitioner will apply a thin layer of Aloe Vera or ointment (depending on service) to soothe the skin and give you vitamin A & D ointment for you to take home.
- On day of appointment: Rinse brows gently every 2 hours with water, pat dry, and apply thin layer of ointment. Repeat this until you go to sleep.
- Beginning the morning after appointment until brows completely peel:
- Rinse brows once a day (in the morning), pat dry, and apply thin layer of ointment.
- Apply ointment again mid day, and again before you go to sleep
- Do not immerse brows in water for two weeks.
- Avoid face area when showering.
- When washing your face, make sure to avoid brows.
- Do not use makeup on the brows for up to two weeks.
- Avoid alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamins that may cause your blood to thin for twenty-four hours.
- Do not peel or scratch at the scabbing as your brow area heals.
- No swimming, tanning or saunas for two weeks.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels for two weeks.
- Day of procedure: Use damp cloth to gently wipe lips every 30 minutes for the first three hours
- After three hours, periodically apply ointment to keep lips moist at all times
- Day after procedure: thoroughly cleanse lips with a soft soap, pat dry, and apply ointment. Make sure to apply ointment throughout the day to avoid dryness. You will need to keep your lips moist throughout the entire healing process and make sure to apply thick layer of ointment whenever you'll be using your mouth to eat/drink/brush teeth/etc.
- Do not use whitening tooth paste during healing process (7-10 days)
- No spicy, acidic, salty foods for the first 3 days.
- No kissing for one week
- No hot foods/drinks for 3 days
- No sweating for 4 days
- Do not peel or scratch at the scabbing, let all scabs/peeling skin fall on its own
- No makeup on lips for two weeks
- Day of procedure: rinse eyes every two hours with water, pat dry, and apply thin layer of ointment.
- Day after procedure until healed (7-10 days): rinse once a day and apply ointment 3x per day.
- No eye makeup for 2 weeks
- No sweating for 4 days
- No submerging in water for two weeks
- Doctor's approval is required for the following:
- Serious medical conditions
- You are NOT a candidate if you:
- Pregnant/breast feeding
- Have a skin disease or inflammation
- Have a heart condition or are using heart medications
- Had Botox in the last two weeks
- Had a deep tan or chemical peel in the last two weeks
- Are currently on blood thinning medications
Carefully choose your practitioner. Compare the work of various artists before choosing. Discuss your expectations and desired outcome, including the shape, style, and color you wish with the artist. Realize that faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Adjustments may be made during touch up, such as pigment discoloration and color correction. Remember that your PMU will eventually fade away if touch ups are not done.